- Source distrubitions no longer include tests, examples, or fonts. Find these on GitHub.
4.1.1 - 2017-11-02¶
- Fixed ConsoleBuffer.blit regression.
- Console defaults corrected, the root console’s blend mode and alignment is the default value for newly made Console’s.
- You can give a byte string as a filename to load parsers.
4.1.0 - 2017-07-19¶
- tdl Map class can now be pickled.
- Added protection to the transparent, walkable, and fov attributes in tcod and tdl Map classes, to prevent them from being accidentally overridden.
- tcod and tdl Map classes now use numpy arrays as their attributes.
4.0.1 - 2017-07-12¶
- tdl: Fixed NameError in set_fps.
4.0.0 - 2017-07-08¶
- tcod.bsp: BSP.split_recursive parameter random is now seed.
- tcod.console: Console.blit parameters have been rearranged. Most of the parameters are now optional.
- tcod.noise: Noise.__init__ parameter rand is now named seed.
- tdl: Changed set_fps paramter name to fps.
- tcod.bsp: Corrected spelling of max_vertical_ratio.
3.2.0 - 2017-07-04¶
- Merged libtcod-cffi dependency with TDL.
- Fixed boolean related crashes with Key ‘text’ events.
- tdl.noise: Fixed crash when given a negative seed. As well as cases where an instance could lose its seed being pickled.
3.1.0 - 2017-05-28¶
- You can now pass tdl Console instances as parameters to libtcod-cffi functions expecting a tcod Console.
- Dependencies updated: libtcod-cffi>=2.5.0,<3
- The Console.tcod_console attribute is being renamed to Console.console_c.
- The tdl.noise and tdl.map modules will be deprecated in the future.
- Resolved crash-on-exit issues for Windows platforms.
3.0.2 - 2017-04-13¶
- Dependencies updated: libtcod-cffi>=2.4.3,<3
- You can now create Console instances before a call to tdl.init.
- Dropped support for Python 3.3
- Resolved issues with MacOS builds.
- ‘OpenGL’ and ‘GLSL’ renderers work again.
3.0.1 - 2017-03-22¶
- KeyEvent‘s with text now have all their modifier keys set to False.
- Undefined behaviour in text events caused crashes on 32-bit builds.
3.0.0 - 2017-03-21¶
- KeyEvent supports libtcod text and meta keys.
- KeyEvent parameters have been moved.
- This version requires libtcod-cffi>=2.3.0.
- KeyEvent camel capped attribute names are deprecated.
- Crashes with key-codes undefined by libtcod.
- tdl.map typedef issues with libtcod-cffi.
2.0.1 - 2017-02-22¶
- tdl.init renderer was defaulted to OpenGL which is not supported in the current version of libtcod.
2.0.0 - 2017-02-15¶
- Dependencies updated, tdl now requires libtcod-cffi 2.x.x
- Some event behaviours have changed with SDL2, event keys might be different than what you expect.
- Key repeat functions were removed from SDL2. set_key_repeat is now stubbed, and does nothing.
1.6.0 - 2016-11-18¶
- Console.blit methods can now take fg_alpha and bg_alpha parameters.
1.5.3 - 2016-06-04¶
- set_font no longer crashes when loading a file without the implied font size in its name
1.5.2 - 2016-03-11¶
- Fixed non-square Map instances
1.5.1 - 2015-12-20¶
- Fixed errors with Unicode and non-Unicode literals on Python 2
- Fixed attribute error in compute_fov
1.5.0 - 2015-07-13¶
- python-tdl distributions are now universal builds
- New Map class
- map.bresenham now returns a list
- This release will require libtcod-cffi v0.2.3 or later
1.4.0 - 2015-06-22¶
- The DLL’s have been moved into another library which you can find at https://github.com/HexDecimal/libtcod-cffi You can use this library to have some raw access to libtcod if you want. Plus it can be used alongside TDL.
- The libtocd console objects in Console instances have been made public.
- Added tdl.event.wait function. This function can called with a timeout and can automatically call tdl.flush.
1.3.1 - 2015-06-19¶
- Fixed pathfinding regressions.
1.3.0 - 2015-06-19¶
- Updated backend to use python-cffi instead of ctypes. This gives decent boost to speed in CPython and a drastic to boost in speed in PyPy.
1.2.0 - 2015-06-06¶
- The set_colors method now changes the default colors used by the draw_* methods. You can use Python’s Ellipsis to explicitly select default colors this way.
- Functions and Methods renamed to match Python’s style-guide PEP 8, the old function names still exist and are depreciated.
- The fgcolor and bgcolor parameters have been shortened to fg and bg.
1.1.7 - 2015-03-19¶
- Noise generator now seeds properly.
- The OS event queue will now be handled during a call to tdl.flush. This prevents a common newbie programmer hang where events are handled infrequently during long animations, simulations, or early development.
- Fixed a major bug that would cause a crash in later versions of Python 3
1.1.6 - 2014-06-27¶
- Fixed a race condition when importing on some platforms.
- Fixed a type issue with quickFOV on Linux.
- Added a bresenham function to the tdl.map module.
1.1.5 - 2013-11-10¶
- A for loop can iterate over all coordinates of a Console.
- drawStr can be configured to scroll or raise an error.
- You can now configure or disable key repeating with tdl.event.setKeyRepeat
- Typewriter class removed, use a Window instance for the same functionality.
- setColors method fixed.
1.1.4 - 2013-03-06¶
- Merged the Typewriter and MetaConsole classes, You now have a virtual cursor with Console and Window objects.
- Fixed the clear method on the Window class.
- Fixed screenshot function.
- Fixed some drawing operations with unchanging backgrounds.
- Instances of Console and Noise can be pickled and copied.
- Added KeyEvent.keychar
- Fixed event.keyWait, and now converts window closed events into Alt+F4.
1.1.3 - 2012-12-17¶
- Some of the setFont parameters were incorrectly labeled and documented.
- setFont can auto-detect tilesets if the font sizes are in the filenames.
- Added some X11 unicode tilesets, including unifont.
1.1.2 - 2012-12-13¶
- Window title now defaults to the running scripts filename.
- Fixed incorrect deltaTime for App.update
- App will no longer call tdl.flush on its own, you’ll need to call this yourself.
- tdl.noise module added.
- clear method now defaults to black on black.
1.1.1 - 2012-12-05¶
- Map submodule added with AStar class and quickFOV function.
- New Typewriter class.
- Most console functions can use Python-style negative indexes now.
- New App.runOnce method.
- Rectangle geometry is less strict.
1.1.0 - 2012-10-04¶
- KeyEvent.keyname is now KeyEvent.key
- MouseButtonEvent.button now behaves like KeyEvent.keyname does.
- event.App class added.
- Drawing methods no longer have a default for the character parameter.
- KeyEvent.ctrl is now KeyEvent.control
1.0.8 - 2010-04-07¶
- No longer works in Python 2.5 but now works in 3.x and has been partly tested.
- Many bug fixes.
1.0.5 - 2010-04-06¶
- Got rid of setuptools dependency, this will make it much more compatible with Python 3.x
- Fixed a typo with the MacOS library import.
1.0.4 - 2010-04-06¶
- All constant colors (C_*) have been removed, they may be put back in later.
- Made some type assertion failures show the value they received to help in general debugging. Still working on it.
- Added MacOS and 64-bit Linux support.
1.0.0 - 2009-01-31¶
- First public release.